sexta-feira, 1 de novembro de 2013

CHEMISIER BRANCO


Eventhough I spend 95% of my time in jeans, I do love all kinds of garments. When it comes to dresses, I am drawn to a very feminine style with a retro felling (usually 70's, but in this case a little bit earlier). I also love embelishing simple fabrics because I think the materials bring a lot of visual interest to uncomplicated patterns. It is a balance thing, an equation that makes sense to me: one simple thing (in this case, the fabric) plus another simple thing (the pattern)  plus something unexpected (the embroidery) equals something that is, at the very least, nice (of course I shoot for extraordinary,  lol).
So I made this dress using the most beautiful white shirt cotton and embroidered it with crystals (you can see a little bit of this process here). I used a pattern for a blouse from a vintage Burda magazine, a "Miss B" edition- does anyone know it?- and added a full skirt and belt and voilá, a shirt dress was born! 



Jeans é meu uniforme. Uso jeans quase que o tempo todo... outro dia uma amiga me perguntou se eu não uso vestidos e saias, rsrsrsr. Eu uuuuuso, mas muito raramente, e quando o faço, amo demais o estilo hippie, folk, anos 70, vestidos longos e ciganos... Também amo o estilo vintage, que é o caso aqui. 
Outra coisa que adoro é bordar e enfeitar materias "simples". Acho o efeito fantástico. Vocês sabem o quanto amo brilhos e detalhes e penduricalhos e franjas e cristais e bordados, mas para mim o equilíbrio está nessa equação: uma coisa simples mais outra coisa simples mais uma coisa inesperada dá uma coisa no mínimo interessante. Neste caso, os dois fatores simples são o tecido (um algodão de camisaria lindíssimo) e o molde (de uma revista antiga que achei num sebo) que era de uma blusinha e nada mais. Acrescentei a saia e o cintinho. E bordei o vestido inteirinho - dá para ver um pouquinho aqui - e meu chemisier estava prontinho. 
The dress is almost too naive, too childish, so I style it with big girl´s accessoriesI think the dress looks nice with flats. And oh yes, I do love sparkle, so there you have it: sparkle in the shoes and in the statement necklace. To keep everything simple, a hand-woven straw clutch. The dress also looks great with a black leather jacket! Check back to see this styling ideia here soon :)))))))))))))))))))))).    
  

Eu amei meu vestido, amei, mas reconheço que ele parece até mesmo meio infantil... Daí acho que acrescentar uns acessórios bem "adultos" deixa o look perfeito! Mais brilho, nas sapatilhas e no colarzão, e uma carteirinha de palha. O vestido também fica legal com uma jaqueta de couro preta, mas esse segundo look vou postar no blog aqui em breve...   
I made the dress, Bob Store flats, I don´t know where the necklace comes from, and a hand woven straw clutch I got at a handmade crafts store. 

"eu que fiz" o vestido, sapatilhas da Bob Store, não me lembro de onde vem o colarzão, e a carteirinha eu comprei numa loja de artesanato na praia! E aí, gostaram? 
I absolutely love this dress! Tell me what you think!
________________________________________________________________________________





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário